Judy tagged me with this meme:
Its fun!!! You opened it, you have to do it. Then, send it back to
the person who sent it to you and the rest of your friends!
Two names you go by:
2. My father used to call me “Beamish”, as in Jabberwocky, “Come to my arms, my beamish boy”. Other than that, I’ve never much had a nickname. (holy smokes, I knew I’d find a link to the poem, but I didn’t know there was a whole Jabberwocky domain!)
Two things you are wearing right now:
1. Blue and white print shirt that was made with the printed side on the inside of the shirt.
2. Pair of pants with a patch I sewed in this morning to fix the hole in the pocket that my change was dribbling out of while I was bicycling home on Friday.
Two of your favorite things to do:
1. Watch meteor showers
2. Midnight snowshoe walks
Two things you want very badly
1. decline to answer on general kinahora principles
Two favorite pets you have had/have
1. It’s been so long since I’ve had pets that I’ll just list my mom’s dogs, Dixie and Tsu-Ra.
2. That was already two on line 1.
Two people who will send this back completed:
1. I’ll play but I won’t tag!
Two things you did last night:
1. Put a coat of urethane on new trail signs. Photo is on the digital camera, not downloaded yet.
2. Packed three pints of pickles (Peter Piper…). Brought to a boil 2 C water, 1 C vinegar, 1 C sugar, 1 T pickling spice, added 3 sliced cucumbers (2 from our garden), put in jars, let cool; refrigerate until you eat, they’re not processed.
Two things you ate today:
2. cranberry-nut muffin
Two people you last talked to:
1. The only people I’ve spoke to this morning are Arlene and the cashier who sold me that muffin
2. long phone conversation a couple of weeks ago with Winnie, whom I’ve spoken to several times in the last six years but haven’t seen since we worked at Tuskegee in 1967.
Two things you plan on doing tomorrow:
1. Practice trumpet. I almost have that riff at the end of “Lebedik & Freilich” up to tempo, and the third strain of “Carnival of Venice” only has one bad rough spot. Another week on it, then on to the next strain. I’m not expecting to play it like that, ever ever.
2. Weather looks good for bicycling to work.
Two longest trips taken in the last five years:
1. Mill Valley CA for my high school reunion
2. Out to Pocatello and up to Island Park back in June.
Two favorite holidays:
Two favorite beverages:
2. Pilsner Urquell (at least this time of year)